The DSM Agency specializes in business and self-help books from top professionals in their fields of expertise. We are also looking for books in categories such as psychology, current affairs, narrative, biography and memoir, lifestyle, social sciences, gender, history, health, classical music, sports, and women’s issues. In the fiction camp, we are currently interested in representing literary fiction that has commercial appeal and strong screen potential.
Unfortunately, we are not interested in representing romance, coffee table books, art books, trivia, pop culture, humor, westerns, occult and supernatural, horror, poetry, textbooks, children’s books, picture books, film scripts, articles, cartoons and professional manuals.
Please see our Query Guidelines page for information regarding queries. Be sure to read the Outline of the Publication Process very carefully before you send your query. We do not charge a reading fee. Our commission schedule is standard at 15 percent domestic. The DSM Agency is a member of the Association of Authors’ Representatives (AAR) and abides by their Canon of Ethics.
How can we help you?
- We are here to help you build your career as an author.
- We make sure your books are given optimal exposure, whether in print or digital form.
- We help market your books through our online and social media presence.
- We work with 17 agents across the globe to help sell translation rights on your behalf.
- We work with Hollywood co-agent to sell film rights on your behalf.
We want to work with you throughout the whole publication process, from giving feedback on initial writing to helping you market the finished book.